Train your dog to amazing standards in 4 days!
For the last 17 years we have been teaching professional dog trainers and canine-assisted-therapy handlers how to train their dogs to incredibly high standards on the first few days of their short-intensive courses. Now we are offering the same high standards on a 4 day course that is based on the same principles we teach on our professional courses, but in a format developed specifically for dog owners.
Quick, Convenient, Comprehensive & Effective!
A complete training package for busy owners and their dogs, providing an incredibly high standard of reliable dog training, canine behavioural management and practical owner education, with tangible and relevant results!
This course is perfect for:
- Owners who are too busy to commit to regular weekly classes.
- Owners who would like a jump-start for weekly obedience classes.
- Owners who live interstate, or in areas not close to Alpha's training services.
- Owners of difficult dogs that need more immediate help to train their dogs.
The practical skills and relevant theory taught on this course provide owners with a 'hands-on' understanding of how to continue the training once home again, including knowledge and techniques for behavioural rehabilitation where required. When you return home you and your dog will be a highly trained team ready to consolidate a new relationship based on leadership and trust.
The 4 Day Fast Track Course includes:
- Professional instruction, supervision and guidance from experienced instructors who will clearly explain and demonstrate all aspects of the course.
- Teaching and applying high-level and reliable obedience under distraction. Including off-lead practice of certain exercises to a very high standard.
- Teaching and applying high-level, reliable Canine Good Behaviour Shaping (manners) under distraction. Including off-lead practice to a very high standard.
- Informative lectures covering practical aspects of canine behavior and psychology that are relevant and practical when teaching our dogs to listen and behave in the real world.
- All training equipment supplied (lead & halter).
- 3 days in our huge indoor training facility at 54 Rushdale Street, Knoxfield - providing specialized training and lecture environments for teaching obedience and manners relevant to common, real-life scenarios.
- 1 day at our 10 acre training facility, applying the new skills in different indoor/outdoor environments and dealing with any driven behaviour around sheep, ponies, chickens and other dogs.
- 12th - 15th February 2018
- 9th - 12th April 2018
- 4th - 7th June 2018
- 6th - 9th August 2018
- 15th - 18th October 2018
- 26th - 29th November 2018
This unique course is run over four days (Monday - Thursday) at two, purpose built locations:
- Monday - Wednesday: 8.30am - finishing between 3 & 4pm
- Thursday: 9am - finishing between 3 & 4pm
The Alpha Canine Centre
54 Rushdale Street, Knoxfield
The Alpha Canine Centre is our huge, indoor doggy PlayCare and dog training facility, comprising of many indoor and outdoor training environments and various lecture spaces.
The focus of the training over the first three days at this location is to build the fundamentals of canine communication and leadership under realistic levels of distraction. Owners will be taught practical and effective skills and strategies, hands-on with their dogs and in real time. The obedience standards are incredibly high and every owner who has been through this intensive training is amazed at how quickly their dogs learn to listen and respond reliably, again, under distraction!
Canine Good Behaviour Shaping (manners that really matter) is a major part of the training where dogs are taught to listen and behave, off-lead, in the common situations that affect clear and positive leadership on a daily basis. The consistency between obedience and manners is a crucial factor in the success of Alpha's methods, particularly when comes to preventing or rehabilitating unwanted canine behaviours.
Understanding how your dog learns and how leadership helps to guide our dogs through the human world in which they live is vital to establishing a positive relationship. The lectures conducted throughout the first three days will educate owners on relevant topics that help them to understand what their dog needs from them in order to be safe and sociable in their homes and in the greater communities in which they live.
Alpha Boarding Kennels
8 Kiernan Road, Macclesfield
Alpha Boarding Kennels is our boarding and training facility located on 10 picturesque acres, comprising of open paddocks, dams, indoor training facility, undercover arena and classroom.
The focus of the training on day four is to take the skills and understanding established on the first three days into a completely different environment that will present new challenges and consolidate the principles of positive leadership. This gives owners an excellent opportunity to work their dogs around different distractions such as sheep, ponies, chickens and different dogs in different situations.
This important change of location helps owners to understand how their consistent and positive leadership becomes a vital ingredient to their dog's ability to listen and learn under all types of distraction. It takes no time at all for owners to read their dog's body language, assess behavioural reactions or obedience responses, and then apply the appropriate levels of control to match the new situations and environments.
- $990 incl. GST
A $330 deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance of $660 must be paid one week prior to the commencement of the course.
Upon receiving your application you will receive your booking confirmation via email. This email will also outline our course payment terms, an indemnity contract and a list of pre-course requirements.