FREE... Puppy Socialisation & Training Course
For puppies from 8 weeks to 5 months old
Shy puppies, goofy puppies, boisterous puppies, gentle puppies, grumpy puppies, silly puppies, scared puppies, big puppies, little puppies and those in between... all puppies are welcome!
Preparing puppies for the real-world by helping them to become safe, sociable and valued members of our families and the communities in which they live.
Saturday Mornings: (not available on long weekends)
Two start times: 9am & 11am (bookings are essential)
Course runs for 2 sessions
2 x FREE 90 minute sessions run over 2 consecutive Saturdays - all welcome.
Plus, for those coming from our veterinary partnership referrals... 1 x 1 hour session with your vet – preventative health strategies. See your vet for start dates.
Veterinary referrals are not required to attend the first two free sessions.
When you put a lot of puppies together you can't but have fun. At Alpha Dog Training we like to take the fun aspect of puppy ownership and add a touch of reality, to ensure that the bond developed between owner and dog develops into one of leadership and trust.
Since 1996 we have conducted numerous free puppy sessions for vets and also through our successful weekly training service. They were always fun and informative, but now we can take FREE puppy training a whole new level not seen in our industry.
The FREE puppy sessions are conducted in our Huge Indoor Dog Training & PlayCare Centre located at:
The Alpha Canine Centre – 54 Rushdale Street Knoxfield.
This centre provides lecture facilities and different sized training spaces that allow us to present training, behaviour shaping (manners), problem solving and socialisation in a format that goes way, way beyond the standard approaches to puppy preschool. We have the facilities, the methods and teaching capabilities to match, and we love educating owners on how to deal with their pups' training and behavioural issues.
The two FREE sessions are designed to give owners a genuine understanding of canine behaviour and the basic skills to help their pups assimilate into our human world. Through a combination of hands-on workshops, informative discussions and relevant video presentations, our professional and experienced instructors will help you to hopefully avoid the common ownership mistakes that can seriously affect a pup's social and behavioural development. The information and skills taught are fully explained and demonstrated, showing how relevant they are to your puppy!
Further training of your puppy is both advisable and available after the completion of the two FREE sessions, but there is absolutely no pressure what-so-ever to do so here with Alpha. This is a genuine FREE service that hopefully inspires owners to go those extra steps and train their pups through the adolescent period, with whomever they choose, so they become well trained and behaved dogs as they mature.
Why train your pup?
Puppy training has so many benefits, for the owner and the pup. The first 16 weeks of a pup's life are the most important when it comes to canine social and behavioural development, and it is during this period that many behavioural reactions and patterns can be identified and either reinforced, or interrupted, depending on the impact they will have on the maturing process.
So many unwanted puppy behaviours can be shaped with reliable obedience and manners that will ultimately combine to help with both confidence building and socialisation skills. This process is ongoing, but you need the right skills and knowledge to create the long-term positive outcome - a safe, sociable and happy dog.
Puppies aren't born with an automatic understanding of how to behave appropriately, or how to listen to their owners when they are distracted, they need to be taught.
The free puppy socialisation and training sessions include the following:
- Learn about puppy behaviour and socialisation, and how your positive influence as a leader can help ensure the smooth and safe transition from puppy, to adolescent, to adult dog.
- Learn some simple, but incredibly useful and positive training techniques that don't require impractical food rewards, and actually teach your pup how to identify right from wrong!
- Learn how to teach you pup how to listen when distracted, and why it is so important to their ongoing social and behavioural development.
- Learn to read canine body language and how to socialise your pup with other pups and dogs in safe, indoor socialisation areas.
- Sessions include multi-media presentations, practical hands-on puppy training and good behaviour shaping (manners), and professional guidance from experienced instructors.
- For those who have attended the free sessions as part of our veterinary partnership program: 1 extra session with your vet for invaluable information about preventative health strategies for your puppy.
Bookings are essential:
Phone: 9753 5766 (option #1)